Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sweet and Spicy Crockpot Chicken Tacos

Sweet and Spicy Crockpot Chicken Tacos
Printable Version

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 (14 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained (I blended my tomatoes b/c my kids don't like the chuncks! Still delicious!)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (I used 1/4 teaspoon)

Coat the inside of your crockpot with non-stick cooking spray. Place all ingredients in the crockpot. Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8-10 hours, or until chicken shreds very easily with a fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Chicken will absorb liquid after it is shredded.) Serve in tacos or however your little heart desires. (I served mine with fresh tomatoes, lettuce, cheese and (of course) sour cream!

By: My Kitchen Cafe

4 comments:

  1. We made this for a big family get together and it was I big hit!! We also had a lot of left overs!! Froze great but we made quesadillas with it and it is my favorite!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! We will add more spice next time! It was great with some avocado. Thanks for posting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many serving would you say one batch makes? I should have paid attention when we made it for the above comment but I cant remember.

    ReplyDelete