Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Pesto Pizza with Pine Nuts and Feta


Pesto Pizza with Pine Nuts and Feta
Printable Version

1 batch pizza dough (I used our Pizza Hut Pizza Dough recipe)
1 1/2 cups shredded chicken
Pesto
4 oz feta cheese
1/2 red onion, cut in slivers
1-2 large tomatoes sliced (I used grape tomatoes cut in half)
Shredded mozzarella (to your liking)
Toasted pine nuts (to your liking)

Put cold stone in cold oven and preheat oven to 475 degrees. I preheated my pizza stone for about 30 min until the stone is nice and hot. This gives your crust a nice crispy, restaurant-like quality. Roll out prepared pizza dough and place on pizza peel (see picture below) or on pizza pan if you aren't baking it on a pizza stone.

Top pizza dough with the pesto, spreading to outer edges of dough. (I put my pesto on thin otherwise I think it gets too greasy) Layer on additional toppings to your liking (I like to reserve some of the toppings and put them on top of the final layer of cheese) and bake for 8-10 minutes until nicely browned.

I didn't know what a pizza peel was until today. Here is what a pizza peel looks like:

I don't own a pizza peel and wished I had one as I tried to transfer my pizza to the hot stone without one :( I must get one soon.

Recipe by My Kitchen Cafe

1 comment:

  1. Owen and I make a pest based pizza recipe just like this! Except for we throw on artichoke hearts and pear! Definitely my favorite home made pizza

    ReplyDelete