Thursday, March 17, 2011

Parmesan Chicken


I made this the other day and I thought it was easy and super yummy. I made some alterations though! They want you to put salad on top, but I wanted it more un-healthy and just better, so after I cooked it I put it in a pan, covered it in spaghetti sauce and sprinkled it with mozarella until it melted! Than of course put it over some pasta. I recommend it unless you want your chicken to be more crisp, the sauce will sog it up.

Ingredients
4 to 6 boneless, skinless chicken
breasts
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt (used regular)

1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 extra-large eggs
1 tablespoon water
1 1/4 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan
, plus extra for serving
Unsalted butter
Good olive oil (used canola)


---- The rest is a receipe for the salad that can go on top, I did not do this but the judging from the reviews they really liked it.

1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)1/2 cup good olive oil 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Salad greens for 6, washed and spun dry

Directions
Pound the chicken breasts until they are 1/4-inch thick. You can use either a meat mallet or a
rolling pin.
Combine the flour, salt, and pepper on a dinner plate. On a second plate, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water. On a third plate, combine the bread crumbs and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan. Coat the chicken breasts on both sides with the flour mixture, then dip both sides into the egg mixture and
dredge both sides in the bread-crumb mixture, pressing lightly.*
Heat 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan and cook 2 or 3 chicken breasts on medium-low heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until cooked through.** Add more butter and oil and cook the rest of the chicken breasts. Toss the salad
greens with lemon vinaigrette. Place a mound of salad on each hot chicken breast. Serve with extra grated Parmesan.

* I double dipped the chicken in all of it so that the crust would be thicker and crispier
**I didn't pound my chicken thin enough, so once it was cooked to how I wanted it I put it in the oven so it wouldn't turn black





3 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy cant wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley - looks like it goes well with white wine - do you recommend a Chardonnay or Semillon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is one of my favorite meals now!! I made it for my mom when she was in town... she loved it! She then made it for more family in MO... they loved it!! And I'm sure it wont be stopping there! Good find Ashley!!

    ReplyDelete