Friday, January 13, 2012

Rolo Cookies

I posted this recipe for rolo cookies a while a go. Come to find out, I was making them incorrectly. The new way is even better! I got the recipe from a friend and I followed the instructions to my interpretation. Because I had never seen the cookies, I didn't realize the rolo was to be completely enclosed in the middle of the cookie. It makes them much more delicious. A chocolatey, caramelly center... yum.






Rolo Cookies

1c sugar
1c brown sugar
1c butter
2t vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/2c flour
3/4c cocoa
1t baking soda
1 bag Rolo

Cream together sugars and butter. Add vanilla and eggs. Separately mix together flour, cocoa and baking soda. Add to wet ingredients.

Drop 1 1/2" balls onto cookie sheet.  (I used my cookie scoop)
 


Press Rolo into center. Continue to completely surround the Rolo with the cookie dough. It should be in the middle of the dough ball.
 

Once Rolo is completely surrounded, roll cookie into a ball. Roll in sugar. Lightly press the top of the cookie with a cup so it will cook more evenly. 

Bake at 375 for 7minutes. Let them set on the cookie sheet for another 3-5min. Transfer to cooling rack. Best eaten when warm. Still good any time. 



Recipe Source: Maura Leavitt

4 comments:

  1. We made these with the new technique - they were very good and disappeared fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad they were well received :)Makes me want one just looking at them!

      Delete
  2. These look good Juls. Im trying these ASAP. I should share my marshmellow rendition. Similar to this, but marshmellows inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look good Juls. Im trying these ASAP. I should share my marshmellow rendition. Similar to this, but marshmellows inside.

    ReplyDelete