Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Josie H's Chocolate Chip Cookies

Late one evening a group of my high school friends got together and Josie made these. I, to this day, don't understand how a cookie can be so heavenly :) Because of this act alone, I believe every family should name their first born daughter Josie.

I love these cookies so much I changed their name to "chocolate chip treats", in my house, so that when you refer to these cookies, you refer to ONLY these cookies. :)


Chocolate Chip Cookies
Printable Version


1 1/2 c butter flavored shortening
1 c + 1T brown sugar
1 c + 1 T white sugar
3 eggs
1 1/2 t vanilla
1 t water
3 1/2 c flour
1 1/2 t salt
1 1/2 t baking soda
1/2 bag milk Chocolate Chips
1/2 bag milk Mini M&Ms

Preheat oven to 375. Cream the shortening and the two sugars. Add the eggs, vanilla and water. Mix until well combined. Combine flour salt and baking soda and add them to the mixer. (I don't like to make things any harder than they need to be, so I always add 3 cups of flour, the salt, the baking soda, and then the last of the flour to my mixer... THEN mix until almost combined.) Mix until almost combined. Add chocolate chips and m&ms and mix until combined. (We like to mix it up and use half peanut butter chips, or mint chocolate chips, or really large chips, or JUST chocolate chips, or press regular M&Ms in the top after baking, do your favorite) I use my mini ice cream scoop to make perfect little cookie balls. I have also seen my sister drop by the spoon full to make exceptionally beautiful cookies. Bake for 9 min, or until they have barely begun to brown on the sides or on the tops. Don't over bake, to ensure maximum deliciousness. ENJOY.

Recipe by Josie H.

No comments:

Post a Comment