Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Chicken and Broccoli


Chicken and Broccoli
Printable Version


4 Chicken breasts halves (boneless skinless)
3 10 oz pkgs of frozen broccoli or 5-6 fresh bundles
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 c milk
1/4 c mayo
1/4 c miracle whip
1 c grated cheddar cheese
2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese

Simmer chicken breasts in water until done. Break meat into golf ball size pieces when cool.

Place broccoli in bottom of 9x13 pan. Lay chicken over meat.

Combine soup, milk, mayo and miracle whip. Heat and stir until smooth. Remove from heat and add cheese and lemon juice. Pour mixture over chicken and broccoli and top with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350 for 1 hour. Remove foil for the last 30 minutes of baking.

Serve on top of a bed of rice.

Julie's Comments/Suggestions:

I don't like boiled chicken so I skipped the "simmering chicken" step. I cut raw chicken into golf ball sized pieces then put the raw pieces of chicken on top of fresh broccoli. (I only did 3 broccoli florets and it wasn't nearly enough - I would recommend cramming as much fresh broccoli in there as possible b/c it cooks down quite a bit)

I also didn't want to take the time to warm the soup, milk, miracle whip mixture in a pot so I put it in a bowl and mixed it with a wire whisk until it was smooth. I poured it over the broccoli and raw chicken. Top with parmesean.

I baked as directed except I didn't pull foil off until last 10 min or so b/c I figured the fresh broccoli would give off less water than the frozen variety.

Even though I did a bunch of "step skipping" my chicken was really tender and it was a very delicious meal that my family has requested again! :)

Recipe by Sharon Lyons

No comments:

Post a Comment