Sunday, September 1, 2019

Lyons Dinner Rolls

Okay before anyone yells at me for posting these....I honestly have to say  I can't make good dinner rolls with Elsie's recipe.  My cinnamon rolls are good but my dinner rolls stress me out.  Brittany shared this recipe with me and my gosh... I can make dinner rolls. Kerry still uses Elsie's recipe with great success.

Ingredients:
Proof
4 1/2 t yeast  or 2 pkgs yeast
2 c warm water
pinch of sugar

Mix together:
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c oil
2 T salt
Add 6-7 c flour


Proof yeast with sugar in water for 5-10 minutes or until it bloom or swells.
Mix eggs, sugar, oil, and salt in mixer.  Add yeast mixture. Mix.
Add 3 cups flour and mix. add more flour 1/2 c flour at a time.  Knead dough until smooth.  Dough should start to clean the sides of the mixing bowl...then stop adding flour.
Place dough in a pam sprayed bowl and cover with bread towel.
Let raise until double 1-1 1/2 hours.  Punch down dough and gather into a ball.  With floured hands shape dough into a bit bigger than a golf ball size balls.  Arrange on a cookie sheet about 1/2 inch apart.  (you want these rolls to rise and bump into each other creating soft sides).  Cover and let rise until double about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°.
Bake rolls 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.  Brush tops with melted butter. Cool slightly before serving.





No comments:

Post a Comment