Friday, January 16, 2015

Perfect Chocolate Brownies





These are amazing.  I've been looking for a long time for a brownie recipe that could hold a candle to my favorite brownie mix (Hershey's triple chunk).  These win.  Hands down.  Yum.  Dense, moist, top crispy layer, sweetly chocolate, and delicious to the edges.  The picture above includes a layer of York Peppermint Patties and Homemade Chocolate Frosting (Choco. chips, Butter, Milk, and Powdered Sugar)

Born from the newest addition to my family.  My Cuisine at Home Cookbook Annual Volumes.  They complete me.  I hope they don't mind that I post this here.  ;)

Basic Chocolate Brownies
(Makes 1- 9x13" pan)
Work Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time 25-30 Minutes

Melt and Set Aside:
12 oz semisweet chocolate, broken up
1 1/2 c. sugar
12 T butter

Wisk Together:
1 c flour
1/4 c cocoa
2 t baking powder
1/4 t salt

Beat until Foamy:
4 large eggs (at room temp)
1 T vanilla

Bake at 350 degrees. 22-25 min.
in a greased 9x13 pan.

Heat butter, sugar and chocolate until melted.  (I microwaved mine.  I used 1/2 milk and 1/2 dark because I didn't have semisweet.  Let cool.  Spray pan.  Line with parchment paper if desired and spray again.  Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt.  Beat eggs and vanilla until foamy (mine never foamed, possibly because my eggs were too cold?  not sure)  Add cooled chocolate to eggs.  Mix until well combined.  Add flour mixture, one half at a time, folding into wet ingredients.  Spread batter into pan.  Bake for 22-25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center is barely moist.  Beware of over baking.

2 comments:

  1. Must try.. Today!! Looks delicious. I knew these cookbooks would benefit us all somehow...

    ReplyDelete