Saturday, May 21, 2011

Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have tried many different chocolate chip cookie recipes but I always go back to this one. The Russell's have used this recipe for as long as I can remember.


Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup butter
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 cup chocolate chips - one whole bag
Additional options - nuts of any kind
Oatmeal - if you add oatmeal, subtract the same amount from your flour. My sister, Tyre recommends 1/2 cup. (I have also seen some odd people blend their oats before adding them)

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine flour, soda, salt - mix together, set aside. In a bowl combine sugars, add butter - mix until creamed together. Add eggs and vanilla - mix. Add flour to sugar mixture - mix. Add chocolate chips - mix. Bake for 22-24 min.

2 comments:

  1. I had a friend make these for me in college. They were delish! She gave me the recipe and I couldn't get it to work out. I'll have to try your recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. officially offended! blending oatmeal is norm :)

    ReplyDelete